New Scam Warning: Be Wary of 0.001 USDT Transfers Using Addresses that End with Identical Characters
- Latest News
- Account Security
Have you recently received inexplicable deposits of 0, 0.01, or 0.001 USDT in your account? If so, you need to be alert because you probably fall victim to a new type of fraudulent technique which targets your wallet.
1. Through technical means, scammers find and monitor blockchain users who frequently transfer large amounts and have relatively fixed receiving addresses.
2. They use the "address generator" to generate an address highly identical to the receiving address.
3. Scammers transfer small amounts to the user's wallet address multiple times so that their phishing address will exist in the user's transaction history.
4. Most people transfer funds directly to addresses in the transfer history and only check the last few characters of the receiving address. Thus, they will transfer their assets to the phishing address if they are not careful.
The following shows how users fall victim:
1. The victim transfers funds to a normal address
2. A hacker transfers 0 USDT to the victim via the attack address
3. The victim transfers funds to the attack address without verifying
The hacker uses a simple method, but many people fall for it. According to statistics, as of December 2, more than 370,000 addresses have been compromised, with a total of 92 victim addresses and $1.64 million stolen. So we would like to remind HTX users:
1. Once the withdrawal is completed, the other party's address will own the virtual assets. Therefore, do not simply paste the address from the transaction history for withdrawal, but repeatedly verify the address and check both the last few characters of the address and the complete address.
2. Monitor your account. Do not panic if you find such unidentified transaction history. Your assets are safe because your password and private key are not leaked. Just be extra careful with withdrawal and double-check the address to avoid being tricked.
Find us on
HTX reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice. The above is for information purposes only and HTX makes no recommendations or guarantees in respect of any virtual asset, product, or promotion on HTX. Prices of virtual assets are highly volatile and trading virtual assets involves risk. Please read our Risk Reminder text here.